Simple and sweet Apricot Glazed Chicken — ready in under 30 minutes.
If you are looking for an easy, family friendly chicken recipe that is ready in under 30 minutes, you definitely want to give this Apricot Glazed Chicken a try. It is one of my favorite meals to make, with everyone always asking for more. I love to serve it with risotto or white rice.
The first time I tried Apricot Glazed Chicken I was instantly hooked. Since then I developed this easy recipe which combines apricot preserves with a hint of balsamic vinegar. A pinch of red pepper flakes gives it a little kick.
Not only is this Apricot Glaze delicious on chicken, but I love to make it with salmon too. If you want to give that a try, make the sauce as my recipe indicates. Place the salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet and brush with some of the sauce. Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10-12 minutes. Place salmon on a serving platter and drizzle with remaining sauce. It is so good!
This will quickly become a family favorite. Once you try this, you’ll want to add it to your dinner menu again and again.
Apricot Glazed Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- 4 (6 ounce each) boneless, skinless chicken breast, or chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place chicken breasts on wax paper. Top with another sheet of wax paper, and using a mallet flatten chicken to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add flour to a shallow bowl and lightly dredge chicken.
- In a medium bowl mix apricot preserves, balsamic vinegar, dried minced onion and red pepper flakes and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat butter and oil until butter is melted over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add chicken broth to skillet to deglaze pan.
- Stir in apricot preserves mixture.
- Add chicken back to skillet and turn to coat. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken to a platter. Stir in cornstarch to thicken sauce. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.