Dairy-Free Mexican Corn Chowder
Thick and creamy Dairy-Free Mexican Corn Chowder loaded with corn and red peppers ready in about 30 minutes!
Are you ready for some football? I am! I’m a huge football fan cheering for the Buffalo Bills every Sunday. They started the season with a win so I’m hoping this is a good year!
I love to get everyone together every Sunday to watch football. I always make some of my favorite football munchies including some yummy guilt-free dishes for everyone to enjoy while watching the game. What’s better on a chilly fall day while watching football than a big pot of soup. Soup is also great to take along if heading out to the stadium to watch the game. Whether you are tailgating or looking to warm up after the game, a hearty soup is always a crowd pleaser.
With the football season upon us I created this delicious Mexican Corn Chowder loaded with corn, red peppers in a creamy dairy-free chowder made with Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk. It’s so thick and creamy you don’t even know it’s dairy free! It’s also super easy to make and can be ready in about 30 minutes!
From yummy appetizers and dips to decadent desserts, Silk’s plant-based beverages and yogurt alternatives are extremely versatile in the kitchen and can be used to create delicious meat and dairy-free versions of your go-to tailgating recipes!
When Silk challenged me to take the #MeatlessMondayNight challenge I was totally up for it. I had a gazillion ideas running through my head as usual and I was super close to featuring a yummy hummus dip but after I tested this Dairy-Free Mexican Corn Chowder it totally won me over and once you give it a try I’m sure it will win you over too!
You can also find a variety of great recipes like Vegan Queso Blanco and Creamy White Bean Spinach and Artichoke Dip that would be perfect for any football gathering on the Silk Sideline Meat Website plus starting today you can enter for a chance to win a giveaway!
Want to know where you can buy Silk products in your area? Check out there Store Locator to find a store near you!Print
Dairy-Free Mexican Corn Chowder
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 2 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus additional to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1–1/2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add red peppers and onion and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute longer until fragrant.
- Stir in flour until dissolved.
- Gradually whisk in coconut milk until thick and creamy.
- Add corn, salt, cumin, chili powder and lime juice.
- Slowly stir in stock until desired consistency.
- Season with additional salt if necessary to taste.
- Reduce heat to a simmer for 10-15 minutes until ready to serve
For a thicker chowder add less stock.
If chowder is too thick, add additional stock.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.