Peppermint Bark Brownies
I couldn’t resist sharing one more holiday recipe, especially after I created these Peppermint Bark Brownies. These chewy homemade chocolate brownies are simply divine. Top them with white chocolate or if you are lucky to find Candy Cane Candy Melts at the craft store, you have one amazing brownie.
I had this crazy idea when I was tossing ideas around for making peppermint bark and I thought it would be a great combination with brownies. Indeed it is. What I also love is you can easily swap out the peppermint extract for vanilla extract and use any flavor of candy melts. I like to use an entire bag of candy melts so you get a nice thick layer of bark on the brownies. For fun you could even do a layer of melted milk chocolate. Let that harden, then top with the candy cane layer. You should know when you are cutting these, the chocolate may crack a little like in the pictures, but I think it just adds to the character of these brownies. Just use a sharp knife and if you cut slow, most should remain intact.
If you are a fan of my Nutella Brownies, meet the chocolate version. These always hit the spot, even if you are in the mood for just a brownie without the bark topping. They can be easily made in one bowl and the end result is an irresistible brownie perfect for any occasion.
From my family to yours, wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate squares in large microwave safe bowl or double boiler.
Add in sugar.
Flour and salt. Stir until combined.
Pour into prepared baking pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30-35 minutes. Cool, top with melted chocolate and place in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.Print
Peppermint Bark Brownies
- 1/3 cup butter
- 4 ounce semi-sweet chocolate squares
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Peppermint Bark Topping
- 10 ounce Wilton Candy Cane Candy Melts -OR-
- 10 ounce white chocolate morsels or candy melts
- 2 tablespoons crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
- 1–2 drops peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line the bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a large microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals or using a double boiler.
- Stir in sugar, then peppermint extract and eggs.
- Gradually stir in flour and salt until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until tester inserted in the center of brownies come out clean. Cool completely.
- Melt candy melts in a medium microwave safe bowl or double boiler. Spread evenly on top of brownies. Place in refrigerator until top hardens.
For chocolate brownies substitute peppermint extract for 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
These look wonderful!
This combo with brownies is pure genius! I will definitely have to try to squeeze this in before Christmas!
I can only imagine that this is a fabulous combination. I love chocolate and peppermint together. It’s a holiday must for me! Merry Christmas to you and our family!
Love chocolate and peppermint combo! These brownies look scrumptious!
Peppermint bark + brownies = heaven! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Jennifer! 🙂
These look superb!
I want 5 of these in my belly right now! Yum!
Stunning! And that topping is pure genius!