Soft Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars topped with a sweet Buttercream Frosting — you definitely want to try these!
I thought I would tempt you with one more holiday treat before Christmas.
If you are planning on doing some last minute baking, you may want to add these to your list. They are so easy to make and I’m sure they will be a welcome addition to your cookie tray or dessert table.
My Pistachio Wedding Cookies have been extremely popular this holiday season. I thought it would be fun to put a spin on those yummy cookies and create these Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars. They have all the flavors of your favorite soft sugar cookie, expect with a hint of pistachio in a bar form. Topped with creamy Buttercream Frosting.
These are to die for!
Even if you have wrapped up your baking for Christmas, these delicious treat anytime of the year. So you will want to tuck this recipe a way for next time, that is if you can wait that long!
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Pistachio Sugar Cookie Bars
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: About 20 bars
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3.4 ounce) box pistachio instant pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–3 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, pudding mix, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually add in flour mixture until combined.
- Spread into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 11-14 minutes just until bottom begins to lightly brown. Don’t over bake. Top will not be firm, but will firm up upon sitting.
- Remove from oven and set on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter.
- Gradually add in confectioners’ sugar until combined.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Slowly add in milk, 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Spread over bars and let set.
- When ready to serve cut into bars and serve.
- Store in an airtight container.