Coconut Cherry Drops
Soft Coconut Cherry Drops filled with sweet coconut flakes, chopped walnuts and maraschino cherries. These will quickly become a favorite!
Countdown to Christmas Cookies — Week 3
Have you planned your holiday cookie list yet? If you like a nice variety of cookies to bake throughout the holiday season, you will want to add these to your list. They are so easy to make and will quickly become a holiday favorite.
For me, when it comes to baking cookies I’m all about easy peasy cookie recipes. On occasion and when I actually have time to spare, I’ll make some cut outs or more elaborate cookies. Most of the time, I’m all about make, drop and bake. Who’s with me?
These Coconut Cherry Drops are so festive for the holidays with the bright red maraschino cherries. They look so pretty on any cookie platter or even tucked in a little box tied with a ribbon for gift giving. Of course if you are attending a cookie exchange, these would be great as well. My only problem with these cookies as I can’t stop eating them. I love the texture and the flavor, and once you try these I’m sure you will too.
Have you missed Week 1 or 2 of the Countdown to Christmas Cookies? Be sure to check these holiday favorites below.
Iced Oatmeal Cookies
Coconut Cherry Drops
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen 1x
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, rinsed, drained,patted dry
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer beat butter and brown sugar.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract.
- Gradually mix in flour mixture until combined.
- Slowly mix in coconut flakes, walnuts and chopped cherries until combined.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon on prepared baking sheet. Bake for about 8-9 minutes until bottom of cookies begin to brown.
- Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Do you think you could add anything other than cherries? I dislike maraschino cherries!!
Hi Anna, Dried cranberries or chopped dates would be a nice substitution. Enjoy!
i love cookies of all sorts. These look totally delish!
Yum these remind me of the cherry shortbread cookies I’ve had before, but with the addition of coconut, yum!
My mom would make cookies similar to these every year around Christmas time and they were one of my favorites! I love the combination of coconut and cherry 🙂
I made these tonight and they were incredibly delicious! I substituted almond extract for the vanilla, and pistachios for the walnuts. I also added a little bit of the maraschino cherry juice to the dough as well. Sooo good- one of the best cookies I’ve made recently! Thanks for the recipe!
OH and I left out the coconut because I don’t really like the texture.
Hi Jenn! This is great. I hope you bring it over to Food on Friday: Cherries & Almonds. Cheers from Carole’s Chatter
Is the brown sugar packed or no?