Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Tender beef simmered in a delicious sauce in the slow cooker and served over egg noodles or rice for a satisfying and comforting meal.
It’s slow cooker month on Mother Thyme. Today’s feature recipe is one of my favorites, Beef Stroganoff.
Beef Stroganoff is such a classic and comforting meal. The perfect meal to enjoy on a cool fall day. It’s the best when made in the slow cooker as the meat simmers low and slow all day. The result is tender and flavorful pieces of meat in a classic stroganoff sauce. This is one of those meals you don’t need to reserve just for the weekends. With a few pounds of beef stew meat and some common ingredients you may already have on hand, you can easily prepare this family favorite any night of the week.
If you haven’t had a tasty bite of Beef Stroganoff in a while, give this recipe a try. Trust me, you will love it!
Love slow cooker recipes? Then you don’t want to miss the new cookbook Where Slow Food and Whole Food Meet: healthy slow cooker dinners from our kitchens to yours. This delicious cookbook includes 36 healthy and affordable slow cooker recipes from 30 talented food bloggers including Mother Thyme recipes for Creamy Buffalo Chicken and Slow Cooker Lasagna. You can get the ebook free when you subscribe to the Mother Thyme newsletter, or purchase a print copy and proceeds benefit Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida.
In celebration of the new cookbook, we some some great giveaways for slow cookers, cookbooks and more until September 30th. Click HERE to enter for your chance to WIN some of these awesome prizes!
Click HERE to subscribe to the Mother Thyme newsletter and get your free ebook or HERE to purchase a copy of the book on Amazon!Print
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 -6 servings 1x
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Large pinch of black pepper
- 1 small white onion (sliced)
- 4 ounces slice mushrooms
- 14.5 ounce can beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4–5 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cooked egg noodles or rice for serving.
- Season meat with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker.
- Top meat with onions and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl mix broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and garlic powder.
- Pour sauce over meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours until meat is tender.
- Turn control to high.
- Mix flour with a small amount of water until flour is dissolved.
- Add flour to meat mixture, stirring until dissolved.
- Cook on high for about 15 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Turn off heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.