Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Soup
Everything you love about Chicken Broccoli Alfredo blended into a creamy soup ready in about 30 minutes. Enjoy this delicious soup alone or serve over ditalini pasta or egg noodles.
Who doesn’t love alfredo sauce? It’s one of those rich sauces we love to indulge on when calories don’t count.
Word can not express how much I am in love with this soup. It’s thick, creamy and can be relatively healthy if you use fat free half and half, or if you are watching your carbs like me use regular half and half.
Not only is this soup seriously delish, but it comes together quickly. If you have cooked chicken on hand you’ll save yourself some time. I usually have cooked chicken on hand to use in salads or make chicken salad for the week. A few pounds of cooked chicken goes a long way and is a timesaver when made ahead of time. I made this for my mom when she was visiting recently and she couldn’t believe how quickly I whipped this up.
My kiddos even enjoy this. I’ll add in some noodles with the soup and load up the broccoli which they love. Happy kiddos, happy mom! It’s a one pot meal that everyone will enjoy.
You will fall in love with this soup, especially on a cold winters day.Print
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Soup
Everything you love about creamy Chicken Broccoli Alfredo blended into a creamy soup. Enjoy this delicious soup alone or serve over ditalini pasta or egg noodles.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 -6 servings
- 1/2 cup dry ditalini pasta or 2 cups egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2–3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 1/4 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 14.5 ounce low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups cooked broccoli florets
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta or egg noodles and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and cook for about 45 seconds until fragrant.
- Slowly stir in half and half and cook, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Whisk in Parmesan cheese until creamy and blended.
- Stir in chicken broth, parsley, chicken, broccoli, pepper and salt to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until warm.
- Place some pasta in noodles in a bowl and ladle soup over noodles. Top with a pinch of Parmesan cheese and serve warm.
About 1 (12 ounce) bag of steamable broccoli works great. Cook per package instructions and add into soup when directed.
If starting with uncooked chicken breast – Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Drizzle 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place chicken on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes until chicken is cooked thoroughly (170 degrees)and juices run clear. Cool and chop chicken as directed.
Sound delicious – Chicken, broccoli, and pasta are three of my favorites, so this sounds like a definite cold weather must! Thanks for the recipe.