Ah, it’s Friday. Let’s take a moment, take a deep breath and know that the weekend is upon us and we made it thru the week. (Pause for a moment of reflection). Ok, much better!
So what is on your agenda this weekend? Perhaps some apple picking, shopping, chores around the house or just simply relaxing and enjoying some good football on Sunday. Oh have I mentioned the Buffalo Bills are 3-0! Let’s not jinx their winning streak. They have had some less than desirable seasons these past few years and let’s not reflect on the four Superbowls in a row that they lost. So I am looking forward to a good football season with a team I have been a fan of!
For us, Friday nights mean hanging with the twins and enjoying time at home and making pizza! You may recall my pizza recipe that I shared over the summer.
A few weeks ago I posted my Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup which is oh my goodness delicious. This pizza recipe actually inspired my soup recipe since we have made this pizza recipe for some time. This is the perfect pizza to serve up for your Friday night pizza night or while watching football!
So if cheese and pepperoni pizza just isn’t satisfying anymore and you are looking to try something new with your pizza, give this a try and I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I do. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pizza
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 23 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting
- 2 teaspoons rapid rise or instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional for coating bowl
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
Preparing the dough
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, salt, sugar. Add in water and olive oil. Stir ingredients together until mixture is stiff and then use hands until dough is formed.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour and knead dough for about 4 minutes, flour more if necessary. Knead until dough is smooth.
- Lightly oil a large bowl. Add the dough and coat with olive oil. Cover bowl with kitchen towel and let dough rise (double in size) for an hour.
- After dough has doubled in size either freeze ball or if ready to use, punch dough down and roll out.
Making the pizza
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Roll dough out on a clean surface using a rolling pin until dough is even. Spray 16-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Place on pan.
- In a medium bowl mix chicken, ranch dressing and hot sauce. Spread on top of crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Let sit for 4 minutes and serve.