Ah, it’s Friday. Let’s take a moment, take a deep breath and know that the weekend is upon us and we made it thru the week. (Pause for a moment of reflection). Ok, much better!
So what is on your agenda this weekend? Perhaps some apple picking, shopping, chores around the house or just simply relaxing and enjoying some good football on Sunday. Oh have I mentioned the Buffalo Bills are 3-0! Let’s not jinx their winning streak. They have had some less than desirable seasons these past few years and let’s not reflect on the four Superbowls in a row that they lost. So I am looking forward to a good football season with a team I have been a fan of!
For us, Friday nights mean hanging with the twins and enjoying time at home and making pizza! You may recall my pizza recipe that I shared over the summer.
A few weeks ago I posted my Buffalo Chicken Wing Soup which is oh my goodness delicious. This pizza recipe actually inspired my soup recipe since we have made this pizza recipe for some time. This is the perfect pizza to serve up for your Friday night pizza night or while watching football!
So if cheese and pepperoni pizza just isn’t satisfying anymore and you are looking to try something new with your pizza, give this a try and I’m sure you will enjoy it as much as I do. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Ranch Pizza
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 23 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting
- 2 teaspoons rapid rise or instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil plus additional for coating bowl
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella or Italian blend cheese
Preparing the dough
- In a large bowl, combine flour, yeast, salt, sugar. Add in water and olive oil. Stir ingredients together until mixture is stiff and then use hands until dough is formed.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour and knead dough for about 4 minutes, flour more if necessary. Knead until dough is smooth.
- Lightly oil a large bowl. Add the dough and coat with olive oil. Cover bowl with kitchen towel and let dough rise (double in size) for an hour.
- After dough has doubled in size either freeze ball or if ready to use, punch dough down and roll out.
Making the pizza
- Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
- Roll dough out on a clean surface using a rolling pin until dough is even. Spray 16-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Place on pan.
- In a medium bowl mix chicken, ranch dressing and hot sauce. Spread on top of crust. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Let sit for 4 minutes and serve.
Sounds delicious…we love all things spicy!
Thanks Cassie! We are both lovers of Buffalo chicken! I am looking forward to making your Buffalo Chicken Burger too!
Oh my word. Thank you for telling me what I am eating tomorrow while I watch my Buckeyes play Michigan State. Oh and totally excited for the Bills to be winning! Even though I am a Dallas fan too – I am a confused person. I was born in Dallas, but grew up in Rochester, went to college at Ohio State and now in grad school in Memphis. I’m all over the place!
This looks amazing! Anything with buffalo chicken and ranch is a winner!!
We are big Buffalo Chicken Fans in our home, have to try this!
Just made this for the 1st time the other night and it was excellent. I only modified a few items by using a premade pizza shell and I used regular leftover chicken I had available instead of canned chicken.
Chris from PA
You have a beautiful blog, I love the photos and recipes. For sure I will make this pizza as soon as I get the ingredients. My family loves pizza and this one looks so good. Thank you so much for sharing so many scrumptious looking recipes. God Bless.
Thanks so much! 🙂
I have never tried pizza before and this would be my first. I’m so looking forward to trying this recipe out. Loving your blog already. Thanks for the recipe
This recipe is one of my favorites! I hope you enjoy it! 🙂
I love unique pizzas! Hello Deweys in Ohio! And the flavors in buffalo dip are so good! Pinning this to make when company comes in town. Thanks for the recipe!
Thanks Summer! I hope you enjoy this!
Our local pub makes, what they call, a carbon pizza which reminded me so much of this recipe. I replaced the Ranch Dressing with Alfredo sauce, fried some fresh mushrooms just until browned,then some onion and added to the pizza. I topped it with an Italian 4-cheese blend. It was delicious!
your cook time is off by ten minutes based on your calculations. Just a heads up. 15 + 18 would be 33, so total time would be 1hr and 33min.
For the past year my family and I have been using this amazing pizza dough recipes! Every Saturday! Its so easy to make. Thank you so much. Do you have any tips on freezing the dough?
I so happy to hear you love this pizza dough recipe! I freeze this all the time. Simple wrap it in plastic wrap after the dough is made then place in a freezer safe bag or container. Just thaw a room temperature when ready to use. Thanks again for letting me know!
Made this for dinner tonight! Quite delicious! I added black olives and some mushrooms (because thats what Mom likes – lol)
The crust was nice and soft but still had a bit of crisp.
Hi Kati! So glad you enjoyed this yummy pizza! Thanks so much for letting me know! 🙂
I can’t wait to try this tonight for dinner. Thank you for the recipe!
You’re welcome! I hope you enjoyed it! 🙂