BBQ Chicken Pinwheels
These easy peasy BBQ Chicken Pinwheels are loaded with chicken, cheese and diced red onion. Serve with corn on the cob for an quick and simple weeknight meal!
Looking for some fun and easy dinner ideas the entire family will love? Then try these yummy BBQ Chicken Pinwheels! These tasty pinwheels are loaded with chopped chicken, cheddar cheese and red onion and rolled up in crescent dough. YUM! I love to serve it with corn on the cob and a big tossed salad for a quick and delicious dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
If you’re starting to think of back to school weeknight meals, this is definitely one you’ll want to put on rotation. Who wouldn’t love these? They’re super easy and great for busy weeknights.
If you love these, be sure to check out my Cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Pinwheels too. Another family favorite, and perfect for busy weeknights!
These BBQ Chicken Pinwheels are great if you have leftover chicken, or you can easily make shredded chicken in the Instant Pot which I make often You can check out my easy Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe for how to make it. Short on time? Then just grab a store bought rotisserie chicken and chop or shred it up.
Be sure to check out my Instagram stories/highlights to see how I whip these up. You can find me on Instagram @motherthyme. And if you try this or any of my recipes I’d love to see! Snap a pic and tag me on social media!Print
BBQ Chicken Pinwheels
- 1 tube crescent rolls (or crescent dough sheet)
- 3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoons parsley flakeshttps://www.motherthyme.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=14336&action=edit#
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line with a large baking sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Roll out crescent dough on wax paper to form a rectangle. If not using crescent dough sheet, press the seams together.
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, cheese, BBQ sauce and onion. Spread evenly on top of the crescent dough, leaving about 1/2 inch border.
- Carefully roll up lengthwise. Gently press in end to the side of dough to prevent opening.
- Mix butter with garlic powder and parsley. Brush some of the butter over top.
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut into 9-12 equal size slices (1 inch – 1 1/2 inch thick). Place slices cut side down on baking sheet. Brush tops with any remaining butter.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
I use Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce for this recipe.