Easy DIY Fall Bookstack – Free Printables
Make your own seasonal bookstacks with just a few supplies and these book covers!
Download FREE Fall Bookstack Collection PDF
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW FOR THE FREE BOOKSTACK COLLECTION. THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT STYLES TO CHOOSE FROM. READ THE ENTIRE POST FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS.
I love seasonal bookstacks! They are so cute set on a table or tucked on a shelf. But buying them for every season can literally stack up and get pricey.
That is why I had the idea to create book covers to easily remove from books and switch out each season.
Not only are these cute for your own decor, but make sets to give as gifts too! Who wouldn’t love a set?
Have fun with these!
Halloween bookstack printables will be coming out at the beginning of September.
Christmas bookstack printables will be coming out at the beginning of November.
Here are some of the combos you can create with the words included in this collection!
- fall sweet fall
- bonfires hayrides pumpkins
- bonfires hayrides pumpkins (brown/white/orange combo)
- pumpkin spice falling leaves apple cider
- pumpkin spice falling leaves apple cider (orange/white/brown combo)
- falling leaves cozy sweaters pumpkins
- falling leaves cozy sweaters apple pie
- farm fresh pumpkins
- farm fresh pumpkins 5¢
- farm fresh apples
- farm fresh apples 5¢
- cinnamon whipped cream pumpkin pie
- cinnamon whipped cream pumpkin pie (brown/white/orange combo)
- scarecrows pumpkins festivals
- pumpkin spice season
- sweater weather
- homemade caramel apples
- thankful grateful blessed
- caramel apples warm cider pumpkin patch
- caramel apples warm cider pumpkin patch (brown/orange/gold combo)
- pumpkins hayrides apple cider
- pumpkins hayrides apple cider (orange/brown/white combo)
- apple orchard pumpkin patch cider mill
- bonfires hoodies s’mores
These are so easy to make! Just grab some books. Check the thrift store, dollar store, or shop your home!
What you need
- Paperback books with a 1-inch thick binding and 5-inches wide. The books I am using are 5×7.
- 8 1/2×11 paper or cardstock
- Scissors or paper trimmer
- Glue stick, optional
You’ll need some paperback books that have about a 1-inch thick binding. The books I used have about 3/4-inch thick binding and it works find too.
Print the words you would like on regular paper or cardstock. I use just plain copy paper!
Remove the cover, back and binding off the book.
Next measure the length of your book on the cover and trim off the excess. I like to use a paper trimmer for a crisp cut. The one I use also has a scorer to score the paper too.
Once it’s cut to size, score the lines on the paper. I use the score attachment I have on my paper trimmer, or you can easily fold it over to create a score line.
Next I use a glue stick to on the top and bottom of the book and then add my new cover. You don’t have to use a glue stick, but I like to use a little to hold it in place.
Once I have my books covered I stack them together and wrap them with twine. You can use whatever accents you like such as ribbon, twine, bakers twine or you don’t need to use anything at all. You do you!
So quick and simple and an easy way to add touches of spring to your home!
If you make these I’d love to see, snap a picture and tag me on Instagram @motherthyme!
THIS COLLECTION COMES WITH 2 DIFFERENT STYLE OF FONTS! You can can choose the distressed fonts that I have used in previous collections or the NEW lowercase typewriter-style font. Also some of the bookstacks come in color so you can layer them or do all white covers. Have fun with mixing up how you’d like to create your own bookstack!