Looking for an easy and yummy gift idea? Then you’ll love this Snowman Muddy Buddy Jars. Cute little jars dressed up like a snowman and filled with homemade muddy buddies for an easy and yummy treat!
Snowman Muddy Buddy Jars
- 9 cups rice Chex (you can use corn Chex too)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- gallon size storage bag
For the jars
- Quart size mason jars
- ribbon or torn fabric
- hot glue
- To make the jars, hot glue buttons on the jar to make the snowman buttons. Set aside
- In a large bowl add Chex. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl add peanut butter, chocolate chips and butter. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each time until blended and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Pour mixture over Chex and gently mix to coat.
- Add 3 cups of Chex into a large gallon size bag along with 2/3 cup powdered sugar and gently shake to coat. Add mixture to a airtight container or jars.
- Continue doing this 2 more times with 3 cups of Chex mixture with 2/3 cup powdered sugar.
- Store in an airtight container for about 5 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature before serving.