I love making DIY firework decor! I have shared many ideas in the past including DIY Dollar Tree Firecrackers.
This DIY Rustic Farmhouse Fireworks are so easy to make and look like something you would see at a craft show!
Not only are these cute and easy, they are made with just a few supplies including a pool noodle! Yep! That’s right! With just one pool noodle, some fabric, hot glue, nautical rope and burlap or twine, you can create these too!
And to make these look even more prim I like to brush them with a little coffee stain and sprinkle them with some ground cloves!
The end result are super cute fireworks that you can add anywhere in your home or tuck in a crate or basket!
- Pool noodle – I got mine at Dollar Tree
- Fabric – I used homespun and star fabric from Hobby Lobby
- Serrated knife
- Hot glue
- Nautical Rope
- Ribbon, burlap or twine to wrap firework bundle
- Coffee stain (optional)
- Ground cloves (optional)
- Spray glue (optional if you use ground cloves)
- Free printable fireworks tag Click HERE to download
- Cardstock to print tag
- Distress oxide in vintage photo to distress tag
FREE PRINTABLE TAG
Click below to download tag!
You can watch how I made this LIVE on my Facebook page HERE.
HOW TO MAKE DIY RUSTIC FARMHOUSE FIREWORKS
- Cut pool noodle using a serrated knife into 3 staggered sizes. I cut mine at 15,13 and 11 inches.
- Cut fabric to wrap around pool noodle. Leave about 2-3 inches on the ends to tuck inside pool noodle.
- Wrap fabric around each pool noodle attaching the fabric to the noodle with hot glue. I also like to fold the end over to make a clean edge with I attach the fabric.
- Once all the pool noodle pieces are covered with fabric, cut pieces of nautical rope. I cut my pieces at 9-inches each.
- Add a little hot glue inside the hole of the pool noodle and carefully place nautical rope inside to make a nautical “wick”.
- Next I brushed each of mine with a coffee stain to give them a primitive/rustic look. See below on how I make my coffee stain mixture.
- I then sprinkled it with ground cloves and sprayed it with spray glue to seal the ground cloves.
- Next bundle the fireworks together and wrap it with twine, ribbon. I used a piece of burlap that is from Dollar Tree.
- Finally I cut out this cute free printable tag, distressed it with Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo and tucked in under the burlap.
And that’s it! How cute is this? I love how it turned out! If you make this too I’d love to see! Snap a picture and tag me!
COFFEE STAIN MIXTURE
Mix 1 cup hot water with 1/2 cup instant coffee until coffee is dissolved. I like to mix in a few tablespoons of ground cinnamon or a mixture of ground cinnamon and ground cloves. You can even add in a splash of vanilla extract too!
Give it a good mix. I use my little coffee creamer hand mixer to whip it up. Let it cool then I store it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to use it.