A few weeks ago we entertained some friends and as usual I like to serve a variety of appetizers for everyone to nibble on while enjoying some wine. For this gathering one of appetizers on the menu were these Bacon Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese.
At first I was just going to do a simple date wrapped in bacon but while I was at the market picking up some other cheeses for the evening I came across goat cheese and thought it would be a perfect combination with the dates and bacon.
- 18 large Medjool dates, pits removed
- 4oz goat cheese
- 6 strips thick bacon, cut in thirds
- Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
- Slice dates lengthwise. Remove pits and add in a piece of goat cheese. Close tightly and wrap with bacon, securing with wooden pick.
- Bake for 14-17 minutes, turning halfway.