- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 4oz cream cheese, regular or light, softened
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto store bought or recipe follows
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1-2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Cut tops of tomatoes and clean the inside of tomatoes and remove seeds
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and pesto and stir until well blended. Add spoonfuls of cream cheese mixture in to each tomato.
- Combine the basil, garlic, cheese, pine nuts in your food processor. Stream in olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Process to desired consistency. If you like not as think, just add a little more olive oil.
The Basil Pesto recipe will yield more than what is needed for this recipe.