If you follow me on Pinterest you may see me frequently pinning appetizers on my Perfect Appetizer board. I love appetizers, especially when they are easy. When I am getting ready to host a gathering as we often do, having quick appetizers to whip up is important to me. Not only am I trying to get ready, tidy up the house but also chasing after my twins. Spending hours in the kitchen getting ready for a party is not something I have much time for yet I want to have delicious appetizers for our guests to enjoy. When I found this recipe for Tortilla Pinwheels from Julie Eats and Treats for Secret Recipe Club I knew this would be the perfect addition to my every growing list of appetizers I enjoy.
I was familiar Julie Eats and Treats so I was thrilled when it was assigned to me for Secret Recipe Club. She has a great variety of delicious recipes from Banana Crumb Snack Cake to Slow Cooker Lasagna, which are two recipes I am eager to try.
Like Julie mentioned in her post about this recipe, she would get excited when she would go to someones house and these appetizers would be on the table; so would I. My mom used to always serve these for holidays or gatherings and I would definitely have my share of these.
These Tortilla Pinwheels are fabulous! I have made these several times since I discovered this recipe and they are simple and delicious. They are the perfect lunch for the kids or even an after school snack. Such a versatile recipe and is easy to adapt to make just one or half the recipe.
Simple, easy and delicious! The perfect recipe thanks to Julie East and Treats.
- 8oz sour cream
- 8oz light or regular cream cheese
- 4oz can diced green chilies, drained
- 4oz can chopped black olives, drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder to taste
- Salt to taste
- 5 10" flour tortillas
- In a large bowl stir together sour cream, cream cheese, green chilies, olives, cheese, garlic powder and salt. Divide mixture between tortillas and spread evenly. Roll tortillas.
- Place each tortilla in plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve slice, unwrap and slice.
Source: Julie Eats and Treats