After having half our kitchen floor taken out and commercial dryers in the kitchen for days now we are doing an unexpected kitchen renovation. Just what we wanted to be doing a few days before we head on vacation.
Oh yes, in the midst of it all we are embarking on our first family vacation with the kids. A much needed one at that. We are heading to Lake George in New York. You can follow me on Instagram as I am sure I will be sharing highlights of this scenic destination tucked in the Adirondacks.
Between kitchen floors torn up, vacation planning and packing there just has not been enough hours in the day to even get on the computer for very long. Let’s not forget chasing around those cute little twins of mine too.
Moving on, I have a few posts set up while away and when I get back stay tuned for a giveaway on one of my favorite kitchen gadgets! I just may give a sneak peak on Facebook. I’ll keep you in suspense in the meantime.
Grilled Vegetable Pitas with Cilantro-Lime Pesto
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 medium orange pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 cup yellow squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 cup vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cubed
- 1/2 cup sunburst tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cherub tomatoes
- 1 garlic cloved, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of ground cumin
- 2 cups fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 whole pitas
- 1/3 cup queso fresco or feta cheese
- Preheat grill on medium heat.
- Place vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil. Add in salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and cumin and toss until vegetables are coated with olive oil and seasoning.
- Place vegetables in a grill basket and cook for 7-10 minutes until just slightly tender.
- In a food processor combine cilantro leaves, lime juice, walnuts, Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper. Turn on high and stream in olive oil until blended.
- Slice pitas and spread the inside of each pocket with a generous amount of pesto. Add in grilled vegetables and top with cheese.