Everything you love about breakfast all mixed into one simple and tasty Breakfast Casserole.
There are some classic go to recipes you should have on hand. A simple Breakfast Casserole is one of them. This is always a great casserole to whip up if you have overnight guests, hosting a brunch, or just want a nice weekend breakfast for the family.
My mom used to make this Breakfast Casserole Christmas morning. When I was filing away some recipes, I stumbled upon this recipe and I remembered how good it is. It’s the perfect balance of egg, cheese, crumbled sausage and veggies all in one delicious casserole. This doesn’t have to be enjoyed just for breakfast. I love breakfast for dinner. We do breakfast for dinner once in awhile, and everytime we do I say we need to do it more. I’m all for diving into a stack of buttery pancakes with sweet maple syrup, an omelette, breakfast burrito or even this casserole for dinner.
With the holidays coming up, yes my friends the holidays will be here before we know it, this is a great casserole to serve during the holidays or even at a potluck.
What you need
Step one: Add cubed bread to the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
Step five: Pour egg mixture on top and bake in a 350 degree oven for 55-60 minutes until cooked through.
- 6 slices of white bread, cubed
- 1 pound pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- ½ cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 7 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread the cubed bread evenly in the bottom of casserole dish.
- Top with cooked sausage, then peppers, onions and cheese.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, dijon, salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture on top of casserole.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes until set.