A delicious Crab and Artichoke Dip that is easy to prepare and is perfect for entertaining.
I have had this recipe for Crab and Arichoke Dip for about 20 years. I am actually surprised that it has taken me so long to share this. I got this recipe from my stepmom who also gave me the recipe for the amazing Lemon Cake Pie and Crepe Manicotti, along with many others that I have yet to share. I remember the first time I tried this dip, I was hooked. If you love Spinach and Artichoke Dip and like crab you will be hooked on this dip too.
Here’s the deal. I use imitation crab meat. Yep, I sure do. Hey, if it works, it works. You can certainly use the real stuff too, but I have always made this with imitation crab meat and my pocketbook has thanked me. Don’t get me wrong, I love real lump crabmeat, but there is a time and a place for everything. Sometimes substitutions work just as well, and in this case it does. Mixed in with the artichokes, cheeses, and onions this dip has a great variety of flavors that make for one tasty dip.
I love to serve this with some nice buttery crackers. From weekend gatherings to upcoming holiday parties this dip comes together quickly and will be a crowd-pleasing dip everyone will love.
What you need
Grated Parmesan cheese
Imitation crab meat
Step one: Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise, regular or light
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (not marinated), drained and chopped
- 8 oz. package imitation crab meat, chopped and patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until combined.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm.