A delicious Crab and Artichoke Dip that is easy to prepare and is perfect for entertaining.
I have had this recipe for Crab and Arichoke Dip for about 20 years. I am actually surprised that it has taken me so long to share this. I got this recipe from my stepmom who also gave me the recipe for the amazing Lemon Cake Pie and Crepe Manicotti, along with many others that I have yet to share. I remember the first time I tried this dip, I was hooked. If you love Spinach and Artichoke Dip and like crab you will be hooked on this dip too.
Here’s the deal. I use imitation crab meat. Yep, I sure do. Hey, if it works, it works. You can certainly use the real stuff too, but I have always made this with imitation crab meat and my pocketbook has thanked me. Don’t get me wrong, I love real lump crabmeat, but there is a time and a place for everything. Sometimes substitutions work just as well, and in this case it does. Mixed in with the artichokes, cheeses, and onions this dip has a great variety of flavors that make for one tasty dip.
I love to serve this with some nice buttery crackers, tortilla chips or slices of toasted bread. From weekend gatherings to upcoming holiday parties this dip comes together quickly and will be a crowd-pleasing dip everyone will love.
Not only is this dip a super yummy appetizer but you can make it a meal too like Crab and Artichoke Melts. I love to make this and serve it on thick slices of toasted Italian bread and top it with even more cheesy goodness for an irresistible dinner!
Whether you serve this as a meal or a dip this warm and cheesy crab and artichoke dip will be one everyone will ask you for the recipe for and one you’ll want to make again and again!
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise, regular or light
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (not marinated), drained and chopped
- 8 oz. package imitation crab meat, chopped and patted dry
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Crackers, tortilla chips or toasted bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and stir until combined.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for about 25 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Serve warm with crackers, tortilla chips and/or toasted bread.