Slightly sweet Apple Pecan Stuffing is the perfect side dish for any of your fall or holiday dinners.
There is one word to describe this stuffing. Delicious.
On Thanksgiving I could eat just stuffing. Seriously, it is one of my favorites. I love my classic stuffing which is will be sharing that recipe for soon. The stuffing that comes out of the turkey makes me weak in the knees it is so good. Load my plate with some creamy mashed potatoes and homestyle gravy, I’m a happy mommy. Some people have a turkey coma, I go into a stuffing coma, or just a carb overload.
This Apple Pecan Stuffing makes a addition to any of your holiday dinners. It is slightly sweet from the brown sugar, cinnamon and hot apple cider. It would is a nice side dish alongside turkey, roasted chicken or a holiday pork roast. It is so good, I could even see this being enjoyed for breakfast or even dessert.
Intrigued? You just have to try it. Once you do I am sure you will adding this to your holiday menu for years to come.
What you need
White sandwich bread
Old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, divided
- 15 slices (about 10 cups) white sandwiched bread, cubed
- 2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅔ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pitted dates, chopped
- 1¼ cup apple cider
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ⅓ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt ¼ cup (1/2 stick) butter and allow to cool.
- Toss bread cubes with butter and spread on a large baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, tossing halfway through until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Melt remaining butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Toss apples with brown sugar and cinnamon. Add to skillet and cook until just tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- In a large bowl add bread, apple mixture, pecans, cranberries and dates.
- Heat apple cider in microwave until hot (about 1½ minutes).
- Gradually add hot apple cider over bread mixture and toss evenly to coat. Spread in a baking dish.
- In a medium bowl mix butter, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over stuffing.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm.