Roasted Brussels sprouts tossed in an easy Maple Chipotle Glaze. You never had Brussels sprouts as tasty as these!
Brussels sprouts. For many, myself included it’s a love/hate relationship. I never used to be a huge fan of Brussels Sprouts until I created my Spaghetti with Brussels Sprouts in Lemon Butter. Since then, I have honestly been hooked on these mini little cabbages. I even included one of my favorite Brussels Sprouts recipes also in Holiday Thyme.
The Brussels sprouts at my local market have been looking great lately, so they have been on our menu often. I have even snapped a few shots of these on Instagram. A few times I have posted some sprout pictures on Instagram people have been asking me for the recipe or what I was making with them, and it was these Maple Chipotle Glazed Brussels Sprouts.
If you are on the fence about Brussels sprouts, I encourage you to give these a try. This recipe might just change your mind. I have a recipe in Summer Thyme for Maple Chipotle Glazed Corn on the Cob which is one of my summer favorites. A few months ago I was thinking of this delicious glaze and with some Brussels sprouts on hand I tweaked the recipe a bit to make this. These are so good. I could literally sit and eat just a bowl of these. Actually, I must admit I have. One evening these were a side dish for dinner, and the next thing I know they were almost gone. Oops!
These are so easy to make, even your pickiest eater may like them. I can’t make any promises but give them a try you may be surprised!
- 1½ pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and cut in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon liquid smoke
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss Brussels sprouts with olive oil and an pinch of salt and arrange cut side down on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large bowl.
- Stir in maple syrup, brown sugar, ground chipotle chili pepper and liquid smoke.
- Add in roasted Brussels sprouts and toss to coat.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve immediately.