Delicious Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad with roasted red potatoes and mixed with crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese and tossed in a delicious homemade ranch dressing. It is so, so good!
When I first made this Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad, Mr. Mother Thyme said it was the best he has ever had.
He says that often about my cooking, but I knew he was serious when he devoured the potato salad before even cutting into his steak.
This man loves his steak so I knew he was serious!
Ok, I admit it’s really really good!
A summer picnic isn’t complete without potato salad. It’s one of my favorite side dishes in the summer. My Picnic Potato Salad is your classic potato salad that everyone loves, but sometimes I just don’t feel like spending time peeling potatoes.
This Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad is so simple! Instead of peeling and boiling potatoes I give them a quick chop then roast them in the oven. About 30 minutes later they are nice and roasted. After they cool they are tossed with lots of crumbly bacon and cheddar cheese. Yummy! If that alone isn’t good enough, they are then tossed in a delicious homemade ranch dressing. They are super delicious!
I have teamed up with Black Gold Farms this summer for their #SummerFood and #BetterWithReds campaign. Black Gold Farms is a multi-generational, family owned organization that has been in business more than 80 years. They are now a global potato production, sales and service company, as well as an industry leader that ships more than 500 million pounds of potatoes each year that get made into potato chips or fresh red potatoes that end up on your plate.
That’s a lot of potatoes!
Summer is all about enjoying the great outdoors, family reunions and outdoor gatherings. It’s time to fire up the grill and enjoy some yummy food with friends and family. This Cheddar Bacon Ranch Potato Salad would be the perfect side dish at any picnic.
Join Black Gold Farms this Wednesday, June 4th at 8:00pm CST for the #BetterWithReds Twitter Party. You can follow and join the conversation using hashtags #BetterWithReds and #SummerFood.
Black Gold Farms is also giving away an awesome prize pack which includes 3 pounds of red potatoes, 3 packages of Roasties and a $500.00 gift card to Omaha Steaks! Use the entry form below for your chance to win!
- 3 pounds red potatoes, cleaned quartered and chopped
- ⅓ cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt plus additional to taste
- Pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill weed plus additional for garnish
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl toss potatoes and onions with olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on baking sheet.
- Roast for about 30 minutes, turning halfway until tender.
- Remove from oven and allow potatoes to cool.
- Once cool place potatoes in a large bowl. Mix in crumbled bacon and cheese.
- In a small bowl mix mayonnaise with parsley, dill weed, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Pour dressing over potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with a few dashes of dill.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Disclosure — I was compensated for this post and received a package of potatoes and roasties for review and recipe development. All opinions as always are my own.