What’s for dinner tonight? Try this easy and delicious Creamy Balsamic and Herb Chicken the entire family will love!
I was compensated by Tyson Foods to produce this content.
As a busy mom my dinner menu usually consists of quick and easy family dinners. It is important to me to have dinner ready when Mr. Mother Thyme comes home from work so we can spend some quality family time together gathered around the kitchen table.
Chicken is one of our family favorites. It is on our weekly dinner menu several nights a week. I also like to cook a few chicken breasts each week to have on hand. It’s great to toss in salads or to whip up a tasty chicken salad for lunch.
Whether you grill, bake, roast or fry chicken, there are so many ways to cook a tasty chicken dinner. No wonder why it’s a favorite for so many people. Some of my favorite chicken dinners are made right in a skillet for a delicious meal ready in about 30 minutes for a quick and easy meal the entire family will love.
When it comes to choosing chicken, Tyson® Fresh Chicken is a brand I can trust. It is the next best thing to being fresh from the farm. It is all natural* with no added hormones or steroids**. Tyson Fresh Chicken has a heritage of producing chicken, raised for over 75 years by family farmers. Tyson Fresh Chicken helps making meal planning easy. I love that each piece is hand-trimmed for convenience to save time and effort.
“Bringing Families Together™”
Tyson Chicken is a brand that is wholesome and family-friendly. Tyson Foods is a company made up of real people – moms and dads, husbands and wives, neighbors and friends. Every day they strive to make good food they feel good about serving their families and consumers can feel good about serving to their own.
One of my recent favorite meals I created is Creamy Balsamic and Herb Chicken. Chicken breasts lightly dredged in flour then cooked in a skillet with olive oil and butter. A simple sauce is made using just chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, balsamic and herbs. The chicken is placed back in the yummy sauce and simmered for about 10 minutes. The result is a delicious meal ready in no time. It is perfect served with rice and your favorite veggie.
Be sure to visit PickTysonFresh.com for more tasty recipes.
- 4 Tyson® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (6 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of fresh black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
- Place chicken breasts on wax paper. Top with another sheet of wax paper, and using a mallet flatten chicken to about ¼ inch thick.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder to a large resealable bag.
- Add chicken and toss to coat. Alternatively, you can add flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder to a shallow bowl and dredge chicken.
- In a large skillet heat butter and oil until butter is melted over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add chicken broth to skillet to deglaze pan.
- Stir in heavy cream, balsamic vinegar and herbs and bring to a low boil.
- Add chicken back to skillet and turn to coat.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for another 5 minutes until sauce thickens slightly. Note, sauce will thicken upon standing.
- Place chicken on serving platter. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.