Sweet sugar cookies with a hint of fresh orange zest and dipped in an orange glaze.
Can you believe it’s November? Where did this year go?
It seems like yesterday it was summer. Now it’s snowing…literally.
While it’s not a stick on the ground, get the shovel out kind of snow, the fact is there is snow falling. Honestly, I kind of like it. There is something about the first snow that is enchanting regardless of it’s early arrival. Being a Buffalonian, I’m accustom to snow. Not to say by March I’m ready for it to all melt, but for now I’m embracing it.
The light snow falling in the air gets me in the holiday spirit. Now that Halloween has past, the pre-unofficial kickoff to the holiday season has begun. Think about it guys, before we know it, the holidays WILL be here. There is nothing worse then putting things off until the last minute. Trust me, I know. So often I wait and wait thinking I have all the time in the world. All of a sudden it hits me that a deadline or an occasion is right around the corner.
When it comes to the holidays, I’m all for getting a head start. One thing I love about the holidays is baking. But with two 4 year olds, waiting until a few weeks before Christmas to start baking Christmas cookies is not in my plans. I start baking Christmas cookies now so I have a nice variety of homemade cookies to serve throughout the holidays. I simply bake and cool the cookies completely then wrap them in plastic wrap and place in a plastic bag and toss in the freezer. When I need a few cookies, I just pull them out of the freezer. They thaw quickly, so they are great to have on hand if last minutes guests stop over.
These Golden Citrus Sugar Cookies are a delicious cookie made with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter®. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® is made with simple ingredients and has a fresh butter taste made with a blend of oils, purified water and a pinch of salt, that tastes incredible! It has no artificial preservatives, and 0 grams of trans fat. It’s a brand I love and trust and is a staple in my household.
I love these cookies simply with orange or lemon zest, however I have tried them with a few pinches of finely chopped fresh rosemary mixed in as well, such a great combination especially for the holidays.
Stock up and save!
From now until November 8th you can buy 2 I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® products for only $5.00 using your PricePlus card at ShoprRite.
You can get more delicious I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter recipes on their website HERE.
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- ¾ cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter ® Spread
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Zest from one orange or lemon or combination of both
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons juice from an orange or lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put 3 tablespoons of the sugar in a small bowl, set aside.
- Beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Spread with remaining sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy
- Beat in egg and vanilla, scraping sides occasionally until blended.
- Gradually beat in flour, baking powder and baking soda until just combined. Stir in zest.
- Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball and arrange 3-inches apart. Dip bottom of a glass in water, then in reserved sugar and gently press onto balls to flatten into a circle.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are lightly golden. Cool 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix confectioners sugar and juice.
- Once cookies are cooled, dip tops of cookies in glaze letting excess drip off then place on wax paper or back on rack until glaze hardens.
- Store in an airtight container.
Kick of the holiday baking season with the Mother Thyme 2014 Countdown to Christmas Cookies series, starting next week!
Disclosure: I was compensated from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® for this post. All opinions are as always my own.