This Chicken and Strawberry Poppy Seed Pasta Salad is loaded with yumminess in every bite that you can toss together in a snap!
If you love recipes like my Mango Salsa Chicken Burrito Bowls, then you are going to love this easy, throw together Chicken and Strawberry Poppy Seed Pasta Salad that will take you minutes to make thanks to some store bought ingredients!
So what do you need to make whip up this tasty poppy seed pasta salad?
- Cooked chicken, sliced, chopped, or even shredded. I prefer it sliced on chopped. You can use leftover chicken, a rotisserie chicken or make it yourself! I also have become a fan of the Trader Joe’s frozen cooked sliced chicken too. Just heat and eat! There are other brands that make this too.
- Fresh strawberries
- Cooked pasta – I like to use Barilla Ready Pasta for this salad. It makes it even easier!
- Poppy Seed dressing – You can make your own, or store bought. I love Briannas Poppy Seed Dressing! It’s my favorite!
- Chopped Romaine – from a bag or chop your own
- Pecans – for crunch!
- Sliced red onion – just a little.
- Freshly chopped basil and mint – trust me!
- Avocado – optional
- Crumbled feta cheese – optional
Once you create the base you can customize it to how you like, or what you have on hand. I’ve included some ideas of optional add-ons that would be great additions if you felt like adding it. You do you!
The combination of the chicken, strawberries, crunchy pecans, pasta, romaine and fresh herbs all tossed in the poppy seed dressing is so yummy! It’s great for lunch, dinner along with a fresh loaf of bread, or even to take on the go! You could layer in mason jars, or put in disposable containers with the dressing on the side to toss in when ready to it. Perfect for a picnic or day at the beach!
If you try this recipe I’d love to see! Snap a pic and tag me on Instagram at motherthyme! I’d love to see what you make!Print