Chicken Noodle Soup. Check.
Chicken and Dumplings. Check.
Chicken Noodle Casserole. Check.
Combine all these classic comfort foods in to one dish and what do you get? Chicken Noodle and Dumpling Casserole. Phew. That is a mouthful. But trust me, your mouth will be happy when you bite in to this delicious dish.
I won’t bore you with the details on how I came up with this but if you are in the mood for chicken and dumplings or chicken noodle soup, you got it here in one, simple and delicious meal.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 (10.5 ounce each) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 fresh biscuits
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, egg noodles, celery, carrots, peas, onion, cream of chicken soup, milk, chicken broth and cheese. Pour in a 9”x13” casserole dish.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let sit for 5 minutes and serve on top of sliced biscuit.