Enjoy a classic lasagna for dinner tonight made with fresh and easy homemade lasagna noodles.
This is a great recipe to make and freeze. What I often do is bake it and freeze half so I get two dinners out of one. Whether you try some or all of this recipe I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Watch my how to video to see how fun and easy it is to make fresh homemade lasagna noodles.
- 4½ cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons water, room temperature
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 32 oz. ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded, divided
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Fresh lasagna noodles (above) or 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 24oz pasta sauce
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and pulse until all ingredients are combined. Remove dough from processor and knead until you can form a ball. Set aside and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Place dough on clean, lightly floured surface. Roll out with rolling pin until desired thickness. Trim rough edges and cut into equal 1½ inch wide (or desired width) strips. Gather unused dough and edges, knead and roll out. Cut into additional strips.
- Set fresh noodles aside on wax paper until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat combine ground beef, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and garlic powder and cook thoroughly. Remove from heat and stir in pasta sauce until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1½ cups mozzarella, eggs, 1 cup Parmesan, parsley flakes, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper and stir until blended.
- In a 9" x 13" pan spread 1 cup of meat and pasta sauce mixture. Top with one layer of lasagna noodles. On top of lasagna noodles spread 2¼ cup ricotta mixture, followed by 1 cup of sauce and another layer of noodles. Top with remaining ricotta mixture, followed by remaining noodles and last layer of sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
If you don't have a food processor, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until all ingredients are combined. Remove from bowl and knead on a flour surfaced. Let rest.
One batch will make enough to cover 1 9" x 13" lasagna.