Enjoy a classic lasagna for dinner tonight made with fresh and easy homemade lasagna noodles.
This is a great recipe to make and freeze. What I often do is bake it and freeze half so I get two dinners out of one. Whether you try some or all of this recipe I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Watch my how to video to see how fun and easy it is to make fresh homemade lasagna noodles.
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons water, room temperature
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 32 oz. ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mozzarella, shredded, divided
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Fresh lasagna noodles (above) or 1 box of lasagna noodles
- 24oz pasta sauce
- In a food processor combine all ingredients and pulse until all ingredients are combined. Remove dough from processor and knead until you can form a ball. Set aside and let rest for about 30 minutes.
- Place dough on clean, lightly floured surface. Roll out with rolling pin until desired thickness. Trim rough edges and cut into equal 1 1/2 inch wide (or desired width) strips. Gather unused dough and edges, knead and roll out. Cut into additional strips.
- Set fresh noodles aside on wax paper until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet on medium high heat combine ground beef, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and garlic powder and cook thoroughly. Remove from heat and stir in pasta sauce until combined and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, eggs, 1 cup Parmesan, parsley flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and stir until blended.
- In a 9" x 13" pan spread 1 cup of meat and pasta sauce mixture. Top with one layer of lasagna noodles. On top of lasagna noodles spread 2 1/4 cup ricotta mixture, followed by 1 cup of sauce and another layer of noodles. Top with remaining ricotta mixture, followed by remaining noodles and last layer of sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Remove foil, top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
If your processor is not big enough to combine all the ingredients at once, divide the recipe and make two batches. If you don't have a food processor, combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until all ingredients are combined. Remove from bowl and knead on a flour surfaced. Let rest. One batch will make enough to cover 1 9" x 13" lasagna.