Whoever came up with the original recipe for Pizza Dip is a genius!
I never made this before but had this recipe in my recipe box from Closet Cooking for months.
Before Mother Thyme even originated I received recipes from Closet Cooking. I remember that day back in March when I received this recipe in my inbox. I immediately thought to myself I need to make this. I can’t believe I waited this long before I actually got around to it.
This past weekend we had a birthday celebration for Mr. Mother Thyme and one of the items on the buffet was this dip. By the end of the evening, this dip was gone! It was so good, I made it again the next day to have while watching football.
This dip is pizza on a spoon, with all the goodness you find on your pizza without the crust. I served it with chunks of Italian bread but you can also serve this crackers, sliced French bread or bagel chips.
If you have never had Pizza Dip before, I encourage you to give this a try. It is simply fantastic. If you have, try this recipe. It is amazing!
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella, divided
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni, turkey pepperoni, or crumbled italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, ½ cup mozzarella and ½ cup Parmesan cheese and spread on the bottom of a pie plate. Spread pizza sauce on top and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup mozzarella, ½ cup Parmesan, pepperoni, green pepper and olives.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden brown and bubbling.
Adapted from Closet Cooking
Serving size: Serves 8
|Mix cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese and spread on the bottom of pie plate.|
|Top with pizza sauce, remaining cheeses, pepperoni, green peppers and olives. Bake at 350 until hot and bubbling.|
|Time to dig in!|