- 6 peeled hard boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pit removed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise (light or regular)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut eggs lengthwise and remove yolks. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine egg yolks, avocado, lime juice, mayonnaise, parsley, ground mustard and mash using a potato masher or two forks until nice and creamy. Alternatively you can add all the ingredients in a food processor and blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mixture into egg whites with a spoon or pastry bag and garnish with a chopped parsley.
This recipe can also be modified to use only half the eggs yolks and still combine the remaining ingredients for a lighter version.