I do admit, I love a good burger. And in the middle of a cold and snowy winter I dream of warm summer evenings grilling a juicy burger. My burger preference? Turkey burgers. They give me the satisfaction of a beefy hamburger with less guilt. I have shared several of my turkey burger recipe in the past such as Maple and Cheddar Turkey Burgers and the popular Feta and Basil Turkey Burgers. Recently I created this recipe for Italian Turkey Burgers that I think may be a new favorite. It combines my love of Italian with my love of a good burger all in one bite.
These flavorful burgers are easy to make. You may choose to grill them, cook them on the skillet or I recently have been cooking these burgers in the oven. The secret or not so secret ingredient to this juicy burger lies all in the spices. It should come to no surprise that I love spices and herbs, hence Mother “Thyme”. The one thing I do invest in is good quality spices and herbs. Trust me, it makes a world of difference. Good spices can take an ordinary dish and turn it into something extraordinary.
I have fallen in love with Peugeot spice mills. Peugeot has been around since the 19th century making finely crafted grinders and mills. They have been used by gourmets cooks in world class kitchens from around the world. Whether you like to dry your own herbs or enjoy cooking with herbs, you will absolutely love these spice mills where you can add your freshly dried herbs and grind them to perfection.
Peugeot offers spice specific mills along with their original burr style coffee grinder. You can easily fill the spice mills with your own herbs and adjust the grind from fine to coarse. You can not beat the quality of these beautifully French crafted mills. Whether you enjoy grinding your own coffee or for peppercorns and spices, Peugeot has created mills and grinders for centuries that are like no other I have tried.
Peugeot is giving away to one lucky Mother Thyme reader a Vendome Spice Mill, perfect for grinding dry aromatic herbs. You simply adjust the top nut to adjust the grind setting. Giveaway open to U.S. residents only. Enter below for your chance to win.
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 20 ounce package lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly cracked black pepper
- 5 whole wheat hamburger rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 slices of provolone cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl combine turkey, cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper and mix with your hands until combined.
- Make 5 4 ounce patties and place on large baking sheet. Bake patties for 20-25 minutes until cooked thoroughly and juices run clear.
- Place cheese on patties and cook for another few minutes until cheese has melted.
- Lightly brush inside of hamburger rolls with olive oil and sprinkle with a dash of garlic powder. Place down on baking sheet and cook until toasted about 3-4 minutes.
- Brush marinara sauce on toasted hamburger rolls and add burger.