I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Arla Dofino. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Creamy gouda cheese and sweet apples wrapped in buttery crescent rolls for an easy and yummy treat!
Apple and cheese. It’s one of my favorite combos. Often I’ll wrap a piece of cheese around an apple slice and enjoy it as a snack. It’s so good.
My kids love apples and cheese too. Now that they are in pre-k, they come home after school with hungry bellies. One snack we love to make are these Apple and Gouda Crescent Roll-Ups. The combination of the apples tossed with touch of brown sugar and cinnamon with the gouda is delicious. Rolled in buttery crescent rolls for a yummy snack any kid (or adult) would love.
Arla Dofino is our favorite for sliced gouda. It is a staple ingredient in my refrigerator. Mr. Mother Thyme loves it for his sandwiches he takes to lunch. It’s so creamy! Having sliced gouda on hand makes it convenient and makes an average ham sandwich tastes like it came from the local gourmet deli sandwich shop.
My kids love to help me in the kitchen. These Apple and Gouda Crescent Roll-Ups are great for the kids to make. I’ll get all the ingredients together, then they can have fun adding the apples and tasty gouda to the crescents. And what kids doesn’t love playing and rolling up food. When kids are engaged in the kitchen, it teaches them not only about food but skills that they will use their entire life. My kids have been in the kitchen with me since they were born, and it makes me so happy when they seeing me preparing a meal and they want to help.
Snack-to-School with Arla Dofino Sweepstakes!
Enter for a change to win a semester’s worth of naturally good Arla Dofino cheese for all of your back-to-school lunches and after school snacks. The Snack-to-School with Arla Dofino Sweepstakes ends October 4th. To enter for your change to win click HERE.
Arla Dofino cheese makes a tasty pairing with naturally good, better-for-you options. You can easily swap out the apples in this recipe and try any of your favorites fruits such as pears.
You can find Arla Dofino cheese at a variety of local grocery stores. I get mine at BJ’s. I have also tried their sliced Havarti cheese which is really good too!
- 1 tub crescent rolls
- 4 slices of Arla Dofino gouda cheese, cut in half
- 1 large apple, peeled and cut into 8 slices
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll crescent rolls and separate into 8 pieces. Place a piece of cheese on each triangle.
- Toss apples with brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Place an apple slice on top of cheese and wrap and roll up each crescent ending at tip of triangle. Place seam side down on parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from baking sheet and serve warm.