These super yummy Italian Pinwheels are so easy to make and are filled with slices of provolone cheese, salami, pepperoni, ham, red and banana peppers and wrapped in a creamy Italian filling. A definite must try for any Italian meat lover!
I score MAJOR brownie points with Mr. Mother Thyme when I make these tasty little Italian Pinwheels. I’m starting to think I need to make these on a daily basis. Whenever I make these he devours them and I don’t blame him because they are so good!
These Italian Pinwheels are filled with Italian favorites like sliced provolone cheese, Genoa salami, pepperoni, red pepper and banana peppers. I like to get the provolone cheese and the meats thinly sliced from the deli however I’ve used pre-sliced cheese and meats for before too. Whatever is easier.
To give these yummy pinwheels even more flavor I spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixed with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. I top it with the cheese, meats and peppers before rolling them up nice and tight and wrapping them in plastic wrap and toss in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours. When I’m ready serve I unwrap them from the plastic wrap, cut off the ends and slice them up about 3/4 inch thick.
I absolutely love pinwheels! Some of my favorites include my Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels, Tortilla Pinwheels and my very popular Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels – a MT favorite! These Italian Pinwheels make a perfect appetizer for a picnic or BBQ or to enjoy for lunch. I love to make them if we are heading out and about for the day. I’ll toss them in a container and put them in the cooler with our drinks and some other snacks. Whether I make these for just the family or for a crowd they are always a hit. No wonder why Mr. Mother Thyme loves these so much!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, soften
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 5 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 10 slices provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 15 slices Genoa salami
- 10 slices deli/sandwich style pepperoni
- 10 slices ham, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced roasted red peppers, patted dry
- ½ cup mild banana pepper rings, patted dry
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese with Italian seasoning with garlic powder until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on flour tortilla.
- Top with 2 slices of provolone, then 3 slices of salami, 2 slices of pepperoni and 2 slices of ham.
- Top ham with some sliced roasted red peppers and banana peppers.
- Tightly roll up tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat until all tortillas are rolled up.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve cut off ends and cut into slices.