These super yummy Italian Pinwheels are so easy to make and are filled with slices of provolone cheese, salami, pepperoni, ham, red and banana peppers and wrapped in a creamy Italian filling. A definite must try for any Italian meat lover!
I score MAJOR brownie points with Mr. Mother Thyme when I make these tasty little Italian Pinwheels. I’m starting to think I need to make these on a daily basis. Whenever I make these he devours them and I don’t blame him because they are so good!
These Italian Pinwheels are filled with Italian favorites like sliced provolone cheese, Genoa salami, pepperoni, red pepper and banana peppers. I like to get the provolone cheese and the meats thinly sliced from the deli however I’ve used pre-sliced cheese and meats for before too. Whatever is easier.
To give these yummy pinwheels even more flavor I spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixed with Italian seasoning and garlic powder. I top it with the cheese, meats and peppers before rolling them up nice and tight and wrapping them in plastic wrap and toss in the refrigerator to chill for a few hours. When I’m ready serve I unwrap them from the plastic wrap, cut off the ends and slice them up about 3/4 inch thick.
I absolutely love pinwheels! Some of my favorites include my Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels, Tortilla Pinwheels and my very popular Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels – a MT favorite! These Italian Pinwheels make a perfect appetizer for a picnic or BBQ or to enjoy for lunch. I love to make them if we are heading out and about for the day. I’ll toss them in a container and put them in the cooler with our drinks and some other snacks. Whether I make these for just the family or for a crowd they are always a hit. No wonder why Mr. Mother Thyme loves these so much!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 25 pinwheels 1x
- 4 ounces cream cheese (soften)
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 5 8-inch flour tortillas
- 10 slices provolone cheese (thinly sliced)
- 15 slices Genoa salami
- 10 slices deli/sandwich style pepperoni
- 10 slices ham (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup sliced roasted red peppers (patted dry)
- 1/2 cup mild banana pepper rings (patted dry)
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese with Italian seasoning with garlic powder until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese mixture on flour tortilla.
- Top with 2 slices of provolone, then 3 slices of salami, 2 slices of pepperoni and 2 slices of ham.
- Top ham with some sliced roasted red peppers and banana peppers.
- Tightly roll up tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat until all tortillas are rolled up.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve cut off ends and cut into slices.
Simple but looks great!
These are delicious!!! Great for showers and parties! Men love them too!
Hi Lorna, So glad your enjoyed these yummy pinwheels! Thanks for taking the time to comment! Happy Holidays!
Just made these for a Christmas party this evening! Can’t wait to taste them! I didn’t have Italian seasoning so I used a little Italian dressing mix instead… hope it tastes good! The cream cheese mixture itself had great flavor. Thanks for this great recipe!
These look great! Can they be prepared ahead of time and be frozen? Wouldn’t want it to be soggy