Ditch the sandwich and try these easy and delicious Turkey Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels perfect for lunch, a snack or on the go!
Back to school is right around the corner. I can’t believe it! This summer has been flying by! I know some parts of the country kids have already gone back or are going back to school soon. My kids don’t return back to school until after Labor Day but it’s going to be here before I know it. I have already been preparing for back to school and for my twins going into first grade!
In preparation for back to school I’m working on some fun and tasty lunch ideas my rather picky children would like for lunch. What kid doesn’t love turkey, cheddar or ranch? Put the three together and it’s one tasty combination! These Turkey Cheddar Ranch Pinwheels are so good! Instead of using ranch dressing I use softened cream cheese seasoned with ranch spices that I generously spread on flour tortillas then topped with deli sliced turkey breast and sliced cheddar cheese. They are rolled up tightly, wrapped in saran wrap for a couple hours and then cut into delicious pinwheels when ready to serve or pack in lunches.
What kid could resist these in their lunchbox?
Not only are these yummy for lunch they make a great appetizer or pack in a container to take on the go.
If you’re watching your carbs like me their are a lot of varieties of low carb flour tortillas available to use in place of regular or whole wheat flour tortillas which I usually use if I’m making these for my kids or for entertaining. One little thing I also like to do for myself is to ditch the tortilla completely and I’ll use the sliced turkey as my “tortilla”. I’ll spread this yummy spread on top of the turkey then top with sliced cheddar cheese and roll it up. I don’t usually slice it but I’ll make a few for a yummy low carb lunch!
Love Pinwheels? Don’t miss these other favorites!
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon parsley flakes
- ¼ teaspoon dill
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 4-5 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 25-30 slices deli turkey breast, thinly sliced (about 1 pound)
- 10 slices mild or sharp yellow cheddar cheese
- In a small bowl mix cream cheese with garlic powder, parsley flakes, dill and onion powder until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a layer of cream cheese mixture in the center of one of the flour tortillas. Don't go all the way to edge, leave about a one inch border.
- Top with 2 slices of cheese and 5-6 slices of turkey.
- Tightly roll up tortilla and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Repeat steps until all tortillas are rolled up.
- Place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve cut off ends and cut into slices.
To get the best results use 5-6 slices of turkey on each tortilla. If there is not enough meat the pinwheels won't be thick and come out as pictured. 6 slices of deli-style turkey breast was used in this recipe.