All the flavors of carrot cake mixed into yummy rice krispie treats and topped with a creamy cream cheese frosting.
If you like carrot cake and rice krispie treats, you are going to love the blend of them both in these yummy Carrot Cake Rice Krispie Treats. With Easter just around the corner, these tasty little treats are perfect for all your Easter and spring festivities.
These rice krispie treats are made with box carrot cake mix. I used Betty Crocker, however you can use whatever brand you can find. I seem to use box cake mix for everything but cake. I love making cakes from scratch such as my recent Coconut Cream Cake or the popular Cinnamon Roll Cake. For fun little treats like these rice krispie treats, even truffles or dips, I use box cake mix.
What is carrot cake without cream cheese frosting. Even though these are just rice krispie treats, the frosting literally tops these off. Sprinkle them with some shredded coconut and some chopped walnuts and they will be a great little treat everyone will love.
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup box carrot cake mix
- 6 cups rice krispie cereal
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- Grease a 9x13 baking pan with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt butter and marshmallows in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until marshmallows are melted.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cake mix.
- Mix in rice krispies and stir until combined.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and press down until even (spraying your hands with cooking spray or using parchment paper works best to get them firmly pressed into the pan.)
- Allow to cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, mix butter and cream cheese until combined.
- Mix in vanilla extract
- Gradually add in confectioners sugar until creamy.
- Spread over rice krispie treats.
- Garnish with shredded coconut flakes and chopped walnuts if desired.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.