Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tazo® Tea for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.
An easy recipe for moist and delicious Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins perfect with a warm cup of Tazo® Tea!
Well here it is, my first official pumpkin recipe of the season. I couldn’t wait any longer! If you’ve been resisting the urge to get on the pumpkin spice bandwagon one bite of these delicious Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins will change your mind! Even my blueberry muffin loving son is going crazy for these! Seriously! Honestly I was skeptical if he’d like them at first because he’s 6 and often turns his nose up at weird things like pumpkin. I know pumpkin isn’t weird but to a picky 6 year old it usually is. So I was surprised when he A. tried them and then B. loved them and then C. asked for another one! And I wouldn’t normally give him two at once but just the simple fact that he loved them made me give him another one when he asked. I don’t blame my little dude for loving them because seriously guys these are bakery-style muffins that are simple to make right in your own kitchen!
Now that my kiddos went back to school I’m home alone. Well Mr. Mother Thyme is here too since he works at home but he’s usually in his office working so it’s just me, myself and I. And as much as I love my kids and I absolutely love being with them but now that they’re back in school it’s like a 6 hour day at the spa Monday thru Friday. I don’t have to listen to some crazy cartoon or the kids bickering back and forth about something stupid or asking me for something to eat every 15 minutes, all I hear is nothing.
Listen. You hear that?
Peace and quiet.
I must admit I do miss them but mommy needs her mommy time to reset too and how I like to do that is to curl up on the couch with a good book, a warm muffin or scone and a cup of Tazo® Tea. It doesn’t get better than this. Whether I give myself an hour or just 30 minutes, I turn off my phone and I just have pure me time and let me tell you I savor every minute.
Mr. Mother Thyme and I are big tea drinkers. I don’t go a day without it. I enjoy my cup in the afternoon and a cup in the evenings and it’s something I look forward to every day. It’s even better when I have my handsome hubby make it for me in the evenings which he often does. I’m a lucky gal to have a good man who brings me a yummy cup of tea. My pantry is filled with Tazo Teas. Why? Because they have a variety of delicious blends of hot and cold teas. I’m not joking I probably have 8 or 9 boxes of Tazo Teas in my pantry right now. Lately I’ve been hooked on the Instagram stories that you can post. It’s kind of like a Snapchat for Instagram. Since I don’t Snapchat I do share a lot of behind the scenes and daily life through Instagram stories and if you’re on Instagram make sure you’re following me at @motherthyme and later today I’ll give you a sneak peak at my collection Tazo Tea’s in my pantry. I seriously love it! And if I’m going away I take it with me. No joke! For me I look forward to my tea time.
So what are a few of my favorite blends? Well, I love them all but lately my top three have been Zen™, Passion® and my all-time fave, Awake™ English Breakfast.
- Zen – a harmonious blend of green tea with lemongrass & spearmint
- Awake English Breakfast – a breakfast-style black tea of malty boldness & bright flavor, invigorating any time of day
- Passion – An exuberant herbal infusion of hibiscus, orange peel, rose hips & passion fruit flavors
Don’t they all sound delish? They really are! They are bursting with flavor and truly a delicious cup of tea.
It’s time to #sipjoyfully my friends! So gather up the ingredients to make these delicious bakery-style muffins and enjoy them with a hot cup of Tazo® Tea in the comfort of your own home.Print
Pumpkin Spice Streusel Muffins
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- Streusel Topping
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk together sugar, pumpkin, vegetable oils and eggs until smooth.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry until smooth and blended.
- Spoon batter evenly into each liner. Batter will almost be to the top of each liner.
- Mix together flour and sugar in a small bowl.
- Cut butter into mixture using a pasty knife or a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping generously over top of batter.
- Bake on center rack for 20-25 minutes until tester inserted into the center of muffins comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.