An easy recipe for moist and delicious Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake perfect for any occasion!
Who doesn’t love bundt cakes? They’re elegant and pretty enough for a special occasion but easy enough to make for a tasty weeknight dessert. I must admit I’m kind of obsessed with them and with this simply delicious Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake. This Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake is bursting with lemony goodness! If you love lemon desserts then you don’t want to miss this!
Not only is this cake delicious but it’s so easy too! With a few simple ingredients you can whip up this tasty cake in no time! I dress up a simple box of yellow cake mix with lemon pudding mix, fresh lemon zest and lemon juice and sour cream to not only make the cake moist but gives it that little tang that compliments the lemon flavor. The best thing is you’d never know this cake started with a box cake mix. You’ll just have to try it to see for yourself!
One thing I absolute love about this cake is the smell while it’s baking! It’s amazing! No candle could ever replicate this delicious smell. I wish I could just bottle up that sweet baked lemony scent. It’s worth making this just to make you’re home smell like a fabulous bakery!
Glazed Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 8 -10 1x
- 1 box (15.25 ounce yellow cake mix)
- 1 box (3.4 ounce lemon instant pudding mix)
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously spray bundt pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together cake mix, pudding mix and poppy seeds.
- Make a well in the center and add eggs, sour cream, vegetable oil, water, lemon zest and juice.
- Using an electric mixer mix ingredients together until blended.
- Pour batter in bundt pan and bake on center rack for about 40-45 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake in bundt pan on cooling rack for about 45 minutes before removing.
- To remove cake place cooling rack or large plate of top of cake pan and turn cake over to invert cake.
- Allow cake to cool completely before adding glaze.
- Once cake is cooled, in a medium bowl mix together confectioners sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice until combined.
- Gradually add a little more lemon juice until glaze is thick but pourable. If glaze is too thin the glaze will just run right down the cake. If you add too much lemon juice add more confectioners sugar to thicken glaze until consistency is thick.
- Slowly pour glaze on top of cake then set aside until glaze is set.
- Once set cover and store in a cool place until ready to serve.
Use a cake mix that does not have pudding mix in it.
Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix was used in this recipe.
Do not use light sour cream.
MORE DELICIOUS CAKES!
Pistachio Bundt Cake
Rum Cake with Butter Rum Glaze
Coconut Cream Poke Cake