4 ingredients is all you need to whip up this super easy and yummy Strawberry Cobbler! It couldn’t be any easier and tastes out of this world! Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream and dessert is served!
Strawberry season is right around the corner! My kids are so excited! They love strawberries and every year we look forward to heading out to the strawberry fields to pick strawberries. We come home with a big bushel of strawberries that they love to gobble up and eat. What I can manage to keep I like to cut up for parfaits, to top of cereal, pancakes and waffles and I like to freeze a bunch to have on hand for smoothies. We can never have too many strawberries and they never go to waste!
Of course I love to incorporate strawberries in my baking! And one of my absolute favorites is this Strawberry Cobbler. I absolutely love this dessert! It couldn’t be any easier to make and it’s perfect for unexpected guests, quick weeknight desserts or a picnic! And with just 4 ingredients how could you go wrong! You just need 2 pounds of fresh strawberries, a box of white cake mix, some sugar and butter. That’s it! This tastes so good you wouldn’t believe that it was so simple to make!
What’s also great about this Strawberry Cobbler is you can customize it however you’d like.
- Toss in a 1/2 pint of fresh blueberries
- Use devil’s food cake mix instead of white cake mix for Chocolate Strawberry Cobbler
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate (or even milk chocolate)
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving
- Mix 1 cup powdered sugar with 2-3 tablespoons milk and drizzle cooled cobbler.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a big dollop of whipped cream (it tastes almost like strawberry shortcake with the whipped cream!)
The possibilities are endless and will definitely become a go-to dessert all summer long! If I’m making this to take to a picnic I’ll usually bake it in a square 8×12 baking dish. If I serve it at home I like to make it a little more rustic and bake it in my beloved cast iron skillet and serve it warm with a few big scoops of creamy vanilla ice cream. It’s the best especially when the ice cream starts to melt and you get a warm bite of the cobbler combined with the ice cream. Don’t you wish you could have a bite of this right now? I do! It’s so good!
Next time you’re at the grocery store grab a few boxes of your favorite cake mix and keep them on hand to make this quick and easy Strawberry Cobbler everyone will love!
If you love this recipe be sure to check out my Sugar Cookie Apple Cobbler and Old-Fashioned Chocolate Cobbler! They’re so good and just as easy too!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries (hulled and chopped)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups 12 tablespoons butter, cut into 16 slices
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 8×12 baking dish or large cast iron skillet with butter or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl toss together strawberries and sugar.
- Spread strawberry mixture evenly in prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle cake mix evenly on top of strawberries.
- Top with butter arranging evenly over entire baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven on the center rack for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.
You only need the dry cake mix for this recipe. You don’t need the wet ingredients like oil, water and eggs that are listed on the boxed cake mix.
Hi Jenn, this is great. I hope you bring it over to Food on Friday as part of Pot Luck. Each month there are now 3 different themes plus a Potluck – so you should always be able to share something. If you would like to join in the fun on a regular basis please schedule a reminder for the second Friday of each month (NZ time). Cheers from Carole’s Chatter