Say hello to summer with this easy and delicious Strawberries and Cream Cake. This is a must-try!
It’s officially summer! I know my kiddos are happy about that. They are just a few days into their summer vacay and they couldn’t be happier. We’ve been busy working on our summer bucket list. I’m looking forward to having my kiddos home and enjoy fun in the sun!
One thing we love to do is go strawberry picking. There are a lot of great strawberry fields near us. It’s become a tradition every summer after school is over that we go strawberry picking. They love hunting for the biggest and juiciest strawberries in the field.
We love strawberries! Even in the off season we eat strawberries. We love them in yogurt, on oatmeal or just cut up as a snack. But nothing beats fresh strawberries in the summer. Perfect for one of my all-time favorites, strawberry shortcake.
This Strawberries and Cream Cake reminds me of strawberry shortcake, without the shortcake biscuit of course. But there is something about the flavors that remind me of it. Maybe it’s the thick layer of fresh whipped cream or the juicy strawberry filling loaded in every bite. This is definitely one dessert you have to try this summer! Trust me, you don’t want to miss it.
Not only is this Strawberries and Cream Cake delicious it’s super easy too! With just a few simple ingredients you can whip up this tasty dessert in no time. Perfect for a picnic, potluck or just because!
What you need
- 1 box white cake mix – I usually use Duncan Hines but you can use whatever brand you preferred.
- Oil, water, eggs that is directions of the cake mix calls for.
- 21 ounce can strawberry pie filling. I use Lucky Leaf.
- Heavy whipping cream – to make this fresh whipped cream. This is what takes this cake to another level of goodness!
- Fresh sliced strawberries – Not only for garnish but for some added strawberry yumminess!
- Mint leaves – totally optional. My garden is overflowing with mint so I just add a few leave for an extra little touch. Obviously not necessary.
Super simple right? If you love easy summertime desserts (and how doesn’t) and want to impress your guests (or your family) than you have to try this! It’s the perfect summertime (or anytime) dessert that is simple and delicious!