An easy and delicious recipe for Greek Chicken Pasta Salad loaded with a ton of flavor. Perfect for a picnic or potluck!
Happy 4th of July my friends! I hope you have a wonderful day planned with friends, family, BBQ’s and fireworks!
A picnic wouldn’t be complete without a good pasta salad. I love a good pasta salad and I’m always having fun creating new ones. Lately I’ve been on a roll here on Mother Thyme sharing some of my favorites including my Loaded Taco Pasta Salad and my BLT Pasta Salad. Today I have a new one for you, my Greek Chicken Pasta Salad.
This Greek Chicken Pasta Salad is loaded with all the yummy flavors of a Greek salad including feta cheese, kalamata olives, chopped cucumbers, chickpeas, tomatoes and fresh herbs tossed in a delicious dressing that is great on this salad or a leafy green pasta salad!
I’ve made this recently for a picnic and everyone was loved it! I love a good pasta salad that is loaded with flavor in every bite. What I also love about this salad is it’s light and fresh so on these hot summer days it’s the perfect salad to enjoy at a picnic.
This is one of those pasta salads I love to have just hanging in the refrigerator as well to grab for a quick lunch or if we are just lounging by the pool.
Tips for the perfect Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- The salad and the dressing can be made ahead of time. If you don’t plan on serving the salad right away I suggest chilling the salad separately until before serving. When ready to serve toss with some of the dressing. Add more dressing if needed. I like to reserve a little dressing in case of any leftovers.
- If you have leftovers and used all the dressing, just toss the salad with a little extra virgin olive oil.
- After you toss salad with dressing, season well with salt and pepper.
- Don’t skip on the fresh basil and mint! It really adds a burst of flavor!
- This dressing is also great on lettuce salads too!
- To save time use leftover chicken or a store bought rotisserie chicken. I always have cooked chicken breasts on hand to toss in salads. Lately I’ve been cooking my chicken breasts in my Instant Pot. I just take a few chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder and a little oregano. Add a little chicken broth of liquid. Seal by Instant Pot and cook for about 22 minutes or use the poultry setting. Depending on what I’m doing I will manually vent the IP or let the pressure go down on it’s own. Then I’ll just take the chicken and shred or chop it for salads. It’s so tender and juicy!