A fun and easy recipe for S’mores Marshmallow Pops dipped in chocolate and topped with crushed graham crackers!
Hey friends! Happy Sunday! I hope you’re having a fantastic weekend!
Today I have a fun and easy recipe for S’mores Marshmallow Pops! My daughter LOVES marshmallows! She’d eat an entire bag herself if I let her. My kiddos also love s’mores! I thought it would be a fun idea to combine the two and create these fun S’mores Marshmallow Pops!
These S’mores Marshmallow Pops remind me of fun little treats my kids would pick out at a fair or even places like Disney that I would probably pay three or four dollars a piece for! How fun to create these marshmallow treats that kids (and adults) can enjoy at a picnic!
What you need
- 1 bag of marshmallows. You won’t use the entire bag so just save those for more marshmallow pops or to roast by the fire!
- 1 cup crushed graham crackers. About 1 sleeve of graham crackers. Just put them in a sealed storage bag and crush them with a mallet or rolling pin.
- Chocolate! Ok, so I actually use chocolate wafers candy melts. I just like the way they melt better but you could actually use Hershey’s (or any kind) chocolate chips. You’ll just need to add a few tablespoons of shortening to the chocolate chips when melting.
- Lollipop sticks. I use Wilton Bamboo Lollipop Sticks. They are just the right size but you can use any that you’d like.
- Assemble all your marshmallow pops first. You’ll have plenty of sticks and marshmallows so it all depends on how much chocolate you have which will depend on what chocolate you use. I use 1 pound of chocolate wafer melts which yields about 8-10 marshmallow pops.
- Once you have your pops assembled melt the chocolate in the microwave 20-30 second increments. Stirring until melted.
- My best advice for melting chocolate in the microwave is to zap it for 30 seconds and give it a good stir. Then I actually go in about 20 seconds after that stirring until just melted. You don’t want to burn the chocolate.
- If you don’t want to microwave the chocolate you can add the chocolate to a double boiler and melt it that way as well so you have a little more control.
- For best results temper the chocolate. If it starts to harden after a few dips of the marshmallows microwave it for about 10-15 seconds or place it over the double boiler again.
- Add 3-4 marshmallows to each stick depending on the size of the stick you use so you have enough room at the end to hold the stick. For mine I use 4 marshmallows on each stick.
- Slowly dip and/or roll each marshmallow pop in chocolate then hold it up for a few seconds to let excess chocolate drip.
- I recommend sprinkling the crushed graham crackers on top instead of rolling it so it doesn’t ruin the chocolate or you get excess chocolate in the crumbs.
- Once dipped place on wax paper and chill until hardened.
Mores s’mores treats!Print