An easy recipe for Ham and Cheese Pinwheels! These tasty pinwheels are the perfect make-ahead lunch, snack or appetizer!
Can you believe it’s August already? This summer is FLYING by!
Everyone is gearing up for back to school or even started school already! My kids have another month until they go back to school but it will be here before I know it. At least some days I hope so!
Pinwheels are a pretty popular recipe with Mother Thyme readers. You all seem to love them! It all started with my Tortilla Pinwheels that I shared back in 2012 shortly after I first started this little old blog. My most popular pinwheel recipe is for my Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels which I posted back in 2013. Since then, anytime I share a pinwheel recipe everyone seems to love them.
It’s actually been awhile since I posted a new pinwheel recipe so it was about time I created a new one. These tasty Ham and Cheese Pinwheels are a new favorite! They make a perfect lunch, snack or appetizer! These are also perfect for back to school lunches plus they make a lot for several lunches throughout the week!
These Ham and Cheese Pinwheels feature a creamy dijon spread along with sliced swiss cheese and your favorite deli ham rolled up into and cut into these cute little pinwheels. Great to have on hand for a quick grab and go lunch! Sometimes if I get a little hungry but don’t want a huge sandwich eating one or two of these satisfies the craving. So great for portion control too!
TIPS FOR MAKING PINWHEELS
- Use 8 inch round flour tortilla shells.
- Mix it up and use a flavored tortilla like garden spinach herb, jalapeño cheddar, or sun-dried tomato.
- Use at least 6-8 slices of ham per tortilla. If you don’t use enough ham they won’t be thick like the pictures.
- VERY IMPORTANT! For best results roll tortillas tightly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight before cutting to get nice cuts.
MORE PINWHEEL RECIPES!Print