You’re going to love making these adorable mini no-sew heart pillows! They’re so easy and fun to make too!
How cute are these mini heart pillows? They’re great filler to add in a cute bowl, or to tuck on a shelf, or add some twine on the back to hang. You can add a pinch of lavender and use as a sachet to tuck in your closet and drawers. These make great gifties too!
Not only are these super cute, but they’re so easy to make too! Just grab a few supplies and you’ll be making these in no time!
- Fabric – I used a ticking stripe from Hobby Lobby and a black gingham from Joann
- Hot glue
- Rotary cutter – optional
- Pinking shears – optional but add a cute touch on the edges
- Twine and buttons for bow. Twine is from Dollar Tree, buttons are from Hobby Lobby
- Free pattern – click here or below to download. The pattern includes the half heart so you can fold the fabric and cut on the fold. I also included the full size heart.
- Frixon pen or air/water soluble pen or another marking tool to trace your pattern.
- Polyfil or pillow stuffing.
- Lavendar – optional
Place 2 pieces of fabric together. I have the top one facing right side up. Then fold your fabric together in half.
Place half heart pattern on the fold and trace out half heart then cut out the half heart. Don’t cut the fold. I use a rotary cutter but a good pair of scissors will work too. Then open up your fabric and you’ll have two hearts!
Place hearts together right side out and add a few pins to avoid the fabric shifting.
Next add a small ribbon of hot glue around the edges, allowing about 1/4-inch seam allowance to trim at the end. If you don’t want to trim the edges with the pinking shears then you don’t have to allow for the seam allowance and you can hot glue on the edge. Leave a few inches open at the bottom tip of heart to add filling.
Once you’ve added the hot glue, you can remove the pins. If you want to add a little lavender you sprinkle some inside now, then add you your stuffing.
When you have your pillow stuffed add hot glue around the open seam to seal shut.
Next take your pinking shears and trim around the edges.
To finish it off I hot glued double bow I made with twine and then hot glued a little button.
If you make this too I’d love to see! Snap a picture and tag me on Instagram at motherthyme!
I hope you enjoy this cute mini no-sew heart pillow craft!