All the yummy flavors of Buffalo chicken mixed into one delicious meatloaf.
Buffalo chicken lovers, do I have a recipe for you!
Not only am I from Buffalo, but I love Buffalo chicken. Honestly I don’t know anyone that doesn’t love it. It’s perfect for a football party or just when the craving hits, which for me happens frequently.
I have been on a meatloaf kick lately. Probably because it is something the twins actually eat. Shocking! Recently when I was making my Turkey Meatloaf I came up with the idea for Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf. This is one tasty meatloaf. There is so much flavor in each bite. Ground chicken mixed with hot sauce, crumbled gorgonzola cheese and a blend of dried spices makes this an easy dish to make any day of the week. Trust me, once you try this you’ll want it on your dinner menu again and again.
Use a cupcake tin for mini meatloaf cups that make the perfect portions. Great to serve for a football party or anytime. Best part, they are done in half the time!
What you need
Dried bread crumbs
Crumbled gorgonzola cheese
Salt and pepper
Step one: Combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, onion, celery and gorgonzola in a large bowl.
Step two: In a small bowl whisk milk, hot sauce, egg and spices.
Step three: Add liquid to ground chicken mixture and mix until combined.
Step four: Place mixture in greased loaf pan. Brush with addtional hot sauce and bake for one hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup celery, diced (about 1 rib)
- 1/3 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- Pinch of black pepper
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix ground chicken, bread crumbs, celery gorgonzola and onion.
- In a small bowl whisk milk, hot sauce, egg, salt, garlic powder, parsley, dill and pepper.
- Pour wet ingredients into chicken mixture and mix until combined.
- Place mixture in prepared loaf pan and firmly press.
- Brush with remaining hot sauce and bake in preheat oven for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 165 degree Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle with additional gorgonzola cheese and continue to cook until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
For mini meatloaf cups, divide mixture in greased cupcake tin. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.