Soft and chewy Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies, perfect with a tall glass of cold milk!
Countdown to Christmas Cookies — Week 4
Chocolate Chip Cookies are my absolute favorite! A plate of Chocolate Chip Cookies and a tall glass of milk, I’m a happy mommy.
Another favorite of mine is Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Combining my two favorites into one soft Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie is the perfect match.
My holiday cookie tray wouldn’t be complete without these cookies, they are always a hit. It is hard to resist these perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hint of mint. The addition of the green makes them festive for the holidays.
I usually use semi-sweet chocolate chips but I have used chocolate chunks as well. When it comes to Chocolate Chip Cookies, since the chips are such a key ingredient to the quality of the cookie, using good quality chocolate chips is essential. It really makes a difference.
If you love chocolate mint desserts as much as I do, another holiday favorite is my Chocolate Mint Pudding Poke Cake.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 8-10 drops green food coloring
- 12 ounce bag semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs, peppermint extract and food coloring until blended.
- In a medium bowl stir flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Make tablespoon size balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes until bottoms is just brown, don't over bake. Cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes until transferring to wire rack to cool completely.