Sweet and delicious Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins — enjoy one with your afternoon tea.
Who doesn’t love a thick slice of freshly toasted bread with butter and maybe sprinkled with a little cinnamon and brown sugar?
Mornings can’t get any better with that along with a cup of coffee. Maybe I’ll include a bowl of fresh berries or some oatmeal, but breakfasts like that are what get my day started. It’s all about simplicity.
I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter has introduced a new spread Deliciously Simple™. It has a creamy, buttery taste and is made with simple ingredients like non-fat yogurt, vegetable oil and no artificial preservatives.
I could enjoy this every day not just on my morning toast, but just about anything.
My kiddos also love toast in the morning. Having three year old twins, they love to help mommy in the kitchen, especially with breakfast. They stand on their little step stools to help make the toast, it’s so cute. They also think they don’t need my help anymore, and like to make their own toast. Deliciously Simple™ is made with ingredients I can recognize, and I am happy I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter made this an option that my whole family can enjoy.
Not only is Deliciously Simple™ the perfect topper for sweet and savory dishes, I have enjoyed using it in my baking. I have used Deliciously Simple™ in some of my recipes such as Chocolate Chip Cookies, Banana Cake, and muffins, including these Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. Made with simple ingredients, it adds that creamy taste to all my baking that we all know and love.
Another advantage I have found using Deliciously Simple™ in baking is it doesn’t need to sit out to come to room temperature or soften. Its creamy texture makes it easy to just measure and mix. A great addition to my baking needs not just for convience, but for 100% taste, 0% artificial preservatives.
Meyer Lemons are in season, a culinary favorite. These slightly sweeter lemons are perfect in these Meyer Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins. A welcome taste of sunshine for many of us battling the snow and cold.
Using Deliciously Simple™ from I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter make these muffins moist and delicious. Perfect with a cup of hot tea.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup I Can't Believe It's Not Butter® Deliciously Simple™
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sour cream
- Zest and juice of 1 meyer lemon
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed meyer lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Stir in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, zest and lemon juice.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Stir in flour mixture until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until cake tester inserted into the center of the muffins come out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl mix confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Stir in additional lemon juice until desired consistency. If glaze becomes too thin, stir in more confectioners' sugar.
- Dip cooled muffin tops in glaze. Set on wire rack until glaze has set.
Disclosure — This post was sponsored by I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated to write a post about I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® Deliciously Simple™, all opinions are my own.