Start your morning with a warm bowl of Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal that is topped with cinnamon sugar and a cream cheese glaze.
If you have followed me for the last few months it might be obviously that I love oatmeal. I shared my Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal in the fall, then came Cranberry Oatmeal. Now that the holiday decorations are tucked away for another year, so are my pumpkin and cranberry recipes until I start craving them again come fall.
My latest creation of this Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal has been making a frequent appearance at our morning breakfast table and for good reason, it is so good. It has all the yummy flavors of a cinnamon roll mixed into a creamy oatmeal. Unlike other oatmeal recipes I have made and tried that mix all the ingredients in, for this I like to layer the flavors. Kind of like a cinnamon roll that is layered with the dough then rolled in cinnamon sugar and drizzled with a cream cheese glaze.
I am totally craving a cinnamon roll right now.
This Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal begins with a simple creamy oatmeal then is topped with all the goodness of cinnamon sugar and even a cream cheese glaze. To save time in the morning you can assemble this the night before and reheat it in the morning. Once you dive your spoon into the bowl, you get all the flavors of a cinnamon roll in each delicious bite.
If you love cinnamon rolls, don’t miss these yummy cinnamon roll recipes —
Cinnamon Roll Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Quick and Easy Blackberry Cinnamon Rolls
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- In a large saucepan add milk, sugars, vanilla and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Stir in oats, return to a boil and continue to cook, stirring occasionally for 3-5 minutes until oatmeal begins to thicken.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let sit for about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until combined.
- Microwave cream cheese in a small bowl for about 10 seconds until just melted.
- Stir in confectioners’ sugar until combined.
- Stir in milk and vanilla until creamy.
- Note: Add in a little more confectioners’ sugar if glaze is too thin or a little more milk if glaze is too thick until desired consistency.
- Place desired amount of oatmeal in serving bowl. Drizzle with some of the cinnamon sugar topping and then drizzle on top of that some of the cream cheese glaze.
- Serve warm.