Blueberry Pancake Bites
“Mommy, can you make these for breakfast everyday?”
Hearing my daughter say that is music to my ears!
Being a mom of picky five year olds anytime they like something is a big WIN in my book. And when they ask me to make something everyday you bet I will.
There is really no secret to these Blueberry Pancakes Bites except the fact they are really good and my kids love them. It’s actually my regular go-to pancake recipe that I have used for YEARS. I seriously make this recipe a least twice a week for my pancake loving kids. No joke. After being inspired on my beloved Pinterest I decided to put my pancake recipe to the test and make them into these cute little bites. Boy am I glad I did. Not only have they become a hit they are so easy and freezer friendly too.
My kids love those little bags of mini muffins I get from time to time at the grocery store. They are perfect for on the go. So when I got inspired with this recipe I knew my kids wouldn’t be able to resist them. The only thing I modified in this recipe that I don’t typically use in my pancakes is the lemon zest which is completely optional but I love that little bit of citrus flavor along with the burst of the fresh blueberries.
If you’re are not in the mood for blueberries or don’t have any on hand then you can certainly omit them or even substitute for some chopped strawberries, chocolate chips or just leave them plain.
What I love about these is they look like cute little muffins but they totally taste like pancakes. Serve with a side of warm maple syrup for dunking or drizzle with my simple glaze and your kids will never say no to breakfast.
This recipe makes about 38ish pancake bites so unless you are feeding a crowd you can definitely toss extras in the freezer. To reheat just pop how many you need in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds and you have breakfast on hand for a busy morning or if you are like me and decided to hit snooze one or two more times.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag #motherthyme with the Mother Thyme recipes you make. I love to see what everyone is cooking!Print
Blueberry Pancake Bites
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 38 pancake bites 1x
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup or glaze (see recipe below for serving)
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 24-cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl mix milk, butter, egg, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Pour milk mixture into flour mixture and mix together until blended.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of batter into each muffin tin. Top with a few blueberries.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until tops are firm.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with warm maple syrup or drizzle with glaze.
- Mix confectioners sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk at a time in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle glaze over warm pancake bites and serve.