4 Ingredient Country Style Ribs
These finger licking 4 ingredient country style ribs couldn’t be any easier to make! Serve with with your favorite side dishes like mac and cheese, coleslaw, baked beans, and corn bread for an easy and delicious BBQ dinner!
Summer is here! Time for easy cooking! If you’re looking for some yummy recipes to add to your dinner menu well look no further than these finger licking 4 ingredient country style ribs! These are by far our favorite way to make them.
Country style ribs are our favorite ribs to eat. You can grab them with your hands or cut them with a fork. You do you! However you eat them, you’re going to be loving them. Not only because they’re so flavorful, but they’re so easy to make.
It should be no surprise I love creating big batch spice blends. I have several on Mother Thyme. Some popular spice blend recipes are –
But let’s be honest, some spice blends are hard to replicate, or frankly why bother when you can easily buy it all ready blended at the store.
One of my favorite for years has been the McCormick Smokehouse Maple. It’s so good! You can find it right with the spices. I love it on so many things, like these ribs. You have to try it on corn on the cob too! Wow, it’s so good!
Anyways, I highly recommend that spice blend. Hopefully you can find it, if not you can get it on Amazon here.
You’ll also need some olive oil, salt and your favorite BBQ or rib sauce. Some of my faves are Chiavetta’s which is local here in Buffalo which I love (their chicken marinade is the best!) I also like Sweet Baby Ray’s or even Jack Daniel’s BBQ sauce.
The key to finger licking ribs is to marinate in a dry rub, then towards the end of them cooking, slowly glaze them with BBQ sauce. You also want to cook them low and slow for finger licking, tender and juicy ribs that will have your craving for more!
If you try this or any of my recipes snap a pic and tag me @motherthyme! I’d love to see what you make!Print
4 Ingredient Country Style Ribs
- Yield: 4
- 2 lbs boneless country style ribs
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1–2 tablespoons McCormick Smokehouse Maple Seasoning blend
- 1 cup BBQ or Rib sauce (recommmend Chiavetta's, Jack Daniel's or Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a large resealable bag. Season with salt if desired. Seal bag and mix together until ribs are coated.
- Marinate for a few hours or overnight.
COOK IN OVEN
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Place ribs on baking sheet and cover ribs with foil. Bake on center rack for about 2 hours, flipping halfway.
- Brush ribs with BBQ sauce and continue to cook for about 30 minutes – 1 hour flipping and brushing with BBQ sauce halfway until cooked thoroughly and they begin to fall apart. *Cook time varies depending on size and thickness of ribs.
- The last few minutes of cooking increase temperature to broil remove foil cover and broil the ribs until they get crispy on top if desired.
- Place ribs on indirect heat and grill, turning occasionally.
- Once they are getting nice grill marks, lightly brush them with BBQ sauce, flipping and brushing with sauce occasionally until cook thoroughly.