DIY Star Rusted Garden Stake
Make this easy DIY star rusted garden stake with a Dollar Tree star garden stake, brown spray paint, Mod Podge, and cinnamon!
I love the way this rusted garden stake turned out! I love it even more when I looked online and saw how much these sell for!
This cost me only $1 for each star, and a few supplies I had on hand! This is so easy! And if you love country/primitive decor like I do, how cute these would be to use year round!
If you want to make these, hurry and run to Dollar Tree to grab these!
- Star from Dollar Tree – with their patriotic decor
- Brown spray paint – I use Rust oleum spray paint in the color Espresso
- Mod Podge – I used outdoor Mod Podge so I can put these outside. If you plan on using these on a indoors or in a covered area you an use matte Mod Podge
- Cinnamon – I get mine at Dollar Tree
- A piece or torn homespun fabric – I get mine at Hobby Lobby. Any piece or ribbon or torn fabric will work. This is optional
Apply spray paint to the star. I did the front and once it dried I flipped it over and spray painted the back. If you want to save some time you could put these in the ground on in some floral foam and spray paint both sides at once.
Once the paint is dry apply a coat of Mod Podge to the front of the star.
Sprinkle a coat of cinnamon generously on top of Mod Podge, top off excess.
Gently dab Mod Podge on top of cinnamon. You don’t want to brush it or it will move the cinnamon you sprinkled around. You simply want to dab it on.
Set aside to dry for a few hours. I put mine in front of a window, but anywhere is fine. It will take several hours to dry. This is how it looks once it has dried. So cute!
Once it’s dried, I tie a piece of torn homespun fabric around it. Easy peasy and looks like something I would find at a craft show for a lot more money than what it cost to make!
You can watch how I made this on my Instagram!
If you make this too I’d love to see! Snap a picture and tag me on Instagram!