|Combine butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and cream of tartar in a medium sauce pan.|
|Bring to boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from hit and add in baking soda and salt.|
|Pour over popcorn in a large roaster pan and toss to coat. Bake for 45 minutes.|
- 6 quarts popcorn, popped
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼cup corn syrup
- Pinch of cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees. Place popcorn in large roasting pan.
- In a medium saucepan add butter, sugar, corn syrup and cream of tartar and stir frequently over medium heat until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved.
- Bring mixture to a boil and continuously stir for about 3-5 minutes until until mixture is golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and ½ teaspoon coarse salt.
- Pour sauce over popcorn and toss to coat popcorn.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt.